Friday, February 6, 2015

Has your faith bloomed lately?

Recently I purchased a bouquet of colorful fresh flowers: daisies, carnations and one lily that hadn’t opened yet.  As the week progressed, the lily pod kept darkening in color and I was disheartened to think that it was not going to bloom. Surprise!  This morning I discovered that the pod had opened with a lovely pink coloration, giving my bouquet a glorious addition.

The oft quoted “Oh ye of little faith” came to mind as I viewed this new development.  I had been discouraged because the lily was so slow to change and then, I suspected that the changes I was seeing weren’t positive. I didn’t have faith in God’s design and plan for that particular flower—and how wrong I was.

This scenario could be applied to many things.  How often have I questioned the rate of change in my life and others?  How often have I been discouraged in not seeing proof of improvement?  How often have I doubted God’s design that hasn’t come to fruition on my timetable and in my understanding? Oh ME of little faith! The Bible is clear: “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not [yet] seen”. Hebrews 11:1 It goes on to remind us that God is pleased when we have faith in Him and trust His ultimate purpose and plan for us.

Even blooming bouquets can teach us something about faith. Thank you God for the beautiful lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment